Welcome to the Loyola University Maryland homepage.
This page provides all of the tools you need to manage your student health insurance plan. From here you can do everything from enrolling in your school’s plan, set up a personal My Account to check your claim status, file medical claims, review the details of your plan or simply educate yourself on the basics of health insurance.
Click below to review plans.
Welcome to the Loyola University Maryland University enrollment site. We highly recommend any student interested in purchasing the insurance to proactively enroll in the plan. This will ensure you receive your insurance ID card in a timely manner.
Please review the plan information to make an informed decision. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact [email protected].
- Fall Enrollment
- Spring/Summer Enrollment
- Fall Waiver
- Spring/Summer Waiver
Stay Covered with an Individual Dental Plan
Don’t have an employer-sponsored dental insurance plan? Sign up for an individual plan from Delta Dental, the benefits provider employers know and trust.
- Take care of your teeth. You are 50% more likely to visit the dentist when you have coverage. Regular visits can keep tooth decay and gum disease in check, preventing major dental problems.
- Stay healthy. Treating gum disease can lessen the impact of systemic illness, such as diabetes, heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Protect your wallet. Dental coverage makes it easy to get the dental care you need without breaking the bank. Most plans cover routine exams, cleanings and x-rays at no cost. And you cannot be charged more than Delta Dental’s set fees when you visit an in-network dentist.
- Enjoy peace of mind. When you have dental insurance, you are prepared for the unexpected.
Students wishing to enroll in this voluntary dental program must take action. You will be required to submit payment online with your credit card.
VSP Individual Vision Plans
VSP has your solution for affordable individual and/or family vision insurance.
Consumers’ #1 choice in vision care, Individual Vision Plans from VSP cover eyewear, contacts, and eye exams at the lowest out-of-pocket cost through the nation’s largest doctor network.
You’ll like what you see when you look at VSP.
Lowest Out-of-pocket Cost
You’ll enjoy the lowest out-of-pocket cost in individual vision care, saving you hundreds on your eye exam and glasses.
With more than 36,000 network doctors you are sure to find a VSP doctor close to you. Visit the Find A Doctor section on www.vsp.con to locate a VSP doctor near you.
Great Selection in Eyewear
With the largest choice in frames, you’ll find the pair that’s right for you and your budget
We guarantee your satisfaction. That is why we are consumers #1 choice in vision care. If you are not 100% happy VSP will make it right.
Students wishing to enroll in the vision plan can enroll at any time during the year. You will be required to submit payment online with your credit card.
Study Abroad Insurance
Loyola University Maryland has a Global Medical Policy which provides accident and sickness coverage to faculty and students while traveling outside of United States on University sponsored activities.
Planning for your health and safety while abroad is very important. Our Global Medical program provides the following:
- Up to $250k covered accident or sickness
- Medical evacuation/repatriation of remains: 100% of covered expenses
- Security Evacuation (including natural disaster): Up to $100,000
- Emergency Reunion Benefit: up to $12,500
- Quarantine Benefit: Up to $2,000
- Trip Cancellation Benefit: Up to $2,500
- Trip Interruption Benefit: Up to $2,000
- Trip Delay Benefit: Up to $500
- Worldwide Travel Assistance: Available 24/7 through AXA
Travel Protection Plan
Loyola University Maryland is pleased to offer a voluntary Trip Cancellation/Interruption plan, the Academic Explorer Program, to complement our Global Medical program. This coverage is designed to protect your non-refundable trip expenses should future travel need to be cancelled.
- Available to U.S. citizens and foreign nationals (up to 90 years old) residing in the U.S.
- Accommodates trip lengths up to 365 days.
- Covers education-oriented trips as well as business travel for school sponsored trips.
Please note – There is a 15 day window from the “initial deposit” for the CFAR and IFAR coverage. The 15 days for CFAR/IFAR begins as soon as any money is paid towards the trip, including a deposit. If you are not concerned or interested in CFAR/IFAR, then you can purchase outside that 15 day window and still have the covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption that are listed on the certificate.
Click HERE to review a Flyer of the Academic Explorer Program.
Click HERE to review Frequently Asked Questions
For questions or additional information, please contact Paige Fritze at [email protected]
Loyola University Maryland student-athletes are insured under an Intercollegiate Sports insurance program. This policy is intended to pay for any excess medical expenses not paid by the student-athletes primary health insurance plan.
The Intercollegiate Sports insurance policy is an excess insurance plan. This means if an injury occurs requiring medical attention claims should be submitted to the student’s primary insurance company. The Intercollegiate Sports insurance policy will only pay for any excess expenses not reimbursed by the primary insurance company and meeting the guidelines of this policy.
The student is responsible for submitting all medical bills and Explanation of Benefit statements to the claim administrator. Loyola does not assist in this process. You can ask for assistance on any Intercollegiate Sports insurance claim by emailing [email protected].
This policy will pay for medical expenses for up to two years from the date of your injury.